Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Family

It is so nice to belong to a large family. It was great to see Carol and Curt in Tanzania. As a child, I spent a lot of time with their family. Seeing them again, and hearing their voices brought up feelings of familiarity and comfort. I started to remember all the camping trips and hikes we went on, and sometimes when Curt would smile, it would remind me of one of their boys. Those were good times (except when my brother Jim and Seth used to ditch me on the way back to camp after a good long hike! Thanks a lot guys!)

Being with my Mom and Pops was also so nice. In the photo we are standing at the front desk of a very expensive hotel in Dar Es Salaam. ($160 US dollars a night! Thanks for letting me stay with you guys in your room, Mom and Pops!)

Musa and Winfrieda quickly became family. They were so friendly and welcoming, and told me many, many stories about my grandmother, Ethel.

You guys are the greatest. I can’t wait to see you guys again, and I look forward to spending eternity with you all in heaven.

I got Musa to try on my Aussie hat. He looks like he’d be right at home in Australia, right guys?

No comments: